2022 Fall Exercise Series
You're invited to join us for the 2022 CMS Exercise Series. Each Fall NSPA facilitates various training and exercise opportunities for healthcare organizations across the region. Attending this series will not only help you further enhance your emergency operations plans, but it will also help you in meeting your Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS) exercise requirements.
- Minimum People Involved: Exercises cannot be conducted by a single individual for any facility. You will need to involve, at a minimum, an administrative leader, a clinical leader, and a facilities leader as your Exercise Team for the planning meetings and the exercises. Each of these people must register individually. NSPA will not certify completion for any facility or organization not meeting this standard. If you have questions as to what is appropriate, please feel free to reach out to us!
- Planning Meeting Attendance: Every effort should be made to attend all of the meetings as they are happening. This provides for optimal planning and allows you to ask questions and receive answers. Attending in person allows you to be best prepared for the actual exercises. If you cannot attend a meeting at the scheduled time, we will allow you to view the recording upon request. Failure to complete the planning meetings may result in exclusion from the remainder of the exercise series. Your entire team only needs to attend the exercise sessions; at least one representative can attend all other sessions.
- Tabletop Exercise Attendance: Your Exercise Team must attend one of three TTX offerings. This is 100% mandatory. All tabletop exercises (you must attend only one) will take place at the Vinton War Memorial, 814 East Washington Ave, Vinton, VA, 24179.
- VHASS Traning: Participation will include the usage of the Virginia Healthcare Alerting and Status System (VHASS). If you are not already familiar with VHASS, you will be required to complete a 30-minute training module (recorded presentation), so you'll be fully prepared to complete the Full-Scale Exercise. Additionally, NSPA staff are available to assist in your training on this platform.
- Full-Scale Exercise Participation: This Exercise will take place through the VHASS platform on-site at your location. Your full team participation in the Full-Scale Exercise (date below) is mandatory for NSPA to certify completion of this requirement. NSPA will use the terms functional & full scale throughout this series. Additional information will be shared and explained in the planning meeting leading up to the exercise.
Hazard Vulnerability Assessment | HVA (optional)
Tuesday, September 20th at 10:00 am
Required Documents: www.nspa1.org/hva
Webinar Recording: https://nspa1.webex.com/nspa1/ldr.php?RCID=8d5adc63b0a923d516ea0d4c1a08ec48
Initial Planning Meeting | Virtual
Tuesday, September 27th at 10:00 am
*This meeting is required for those of you participating in the tabletop exercise*
Tabletop Exercise (TTX) | In-Person
Choose One: October 4th | October 5th | October 6th
Click Here to Register
VHASS/Mid-Term Planning Meeting | Virtual
Tuesday, October 18th at 10:00am
Functional Exercise (FE) | Virtual
Tuesday, November 1st at 10:00 am
After Action Review (AAR) | Virtual
Thursday, November 10th at 10:00 am
Required Documents: AAR Template