Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Tabletop Exercise 2020
The Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport will be conducting their Tabletop Exercise (TTX) on Thursday, October 8, 2020, from 9:00 am-12:00 pm. By federal law, the Airport must fully review the Airport Emergency Plan (AEP), to include mutual aid agreements and jurisdictional responsibilities. In efforts to better serve the community and to limit the amount of resources that are needed for all of the different agencies/organizations; NSPA, The Roanoke-Blacksburg Regional Airport, and VDEM are teaming up to complete this exercise.
NSPA will be providing the technology platform for the Virtual TTX. VDEM will assist in the facilitation of the TTX, as this is the first virtual attempt at gathering all of the stakeholders together since COVID-19 has changed the way most conduct exercises.
Your agency's / organization's participation will depend on how much you want to contribute during the virtual discussions. It's encouraged that you meet with your team / key players to participate in a group. You will be able to discuss your internal plans face-to-face, and then, a spokesperson from your group can present your roles and responsibilities to the rest of the participants when it's your turn to share how your agency would respond to the exercise scenario.
During the TTX, the AEP will also be reviewed. Please look over the parts of the plan that pertain specifically to your agency/organization prior to October 8th, and be prepared to correct or update any information to include titles and phone numbers that have changed since the last AEP meeting. Click here for the AEP.
The Airport is asking that participants RSVP with an agreement to attend by October 2, 2020.
- Thursday, October 8th, 9:00 am-12:00 pm
- Click here to join the meeting: https://nspa1.adobeconnect.com/nspa/
- Helpful hints for using the platform:
- If you do not have adobe connect installed, please allow extra time for possible installation.
- Please make sure you have a microphone and speakers to be able to listen and participate in the meeting; (there is no phone/call-in only component to this event.)
- Click this link to TEST your connection:https://nspa1.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
- To get a quick overview click here: http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.html
- The Table Top Exercise will begin promptly at 9:00 am. (You will be able to enter the “virtual room” beginning at 8:30 am.) Someone will approve/admit you into the room, once you sign on.
- Please be sure to MUTE YOUR MICROPHONE as soon as you enter the room.
- If you are participating as a “Group” (in person) with other colleagues, please be sure to use ONLY ONE microphone at a time, while in the same room to prevent feedback.
- Participants are requested (highly encouraged) to use their WebCams during this exercise, if at all possible. (You will need to turn on this feature on your end.)
- Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat, and Adobe Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
For any questions related to the exercise and to RSVP please reach out to B.J. Nipper at firstname.lastname@example.org or (540) 362-1999 ext 260. Questions regarding the platform please contact Monica McCullough, NSPA at email@example.com or (540) 562-3482.