- The COVID-19 Long Term Care Task Force submitted a proposal to the Commonwealth to receive health and medical teams. The goal is for these teams to help provide non-regulatory infection prevention and control assessments in facilities. This will in turn help facilities begin to progress through the phases of reopening. These teams are comprised of infection prevention and control specialists who can provide specialized attention, facility-specific solutions, ensure readiness for inspection, and provide feedback ahead of regulatory CMS surveys that are scheduled to happen by July 31st. In order to maximize time and resources, the State is asking which facilities need and want these teams! If your facility is interested please reach out to Angela Spleen, Health Educator at the Virginia Department of Health at email@example.com.
- The State is now reporting facility-specific information on outbreaks. This disclosure of data on outbreaks is a change in policy for the State. This is due to the sheer number of outbreaks and the accuracy issues related to CMS data. The facility-specific data is sorted by outbreak in progress, pending closure, or outbreak closed. Click here to see the dashboard.
- The Virginia Department of Health Central Office will be administering fit testing "train the trainer" courses across the state! This course will help your facility in establishing a respiratory protection program by having a trained fit tester on site! For those that are interested the closest course to NSPA are
- Roanoke, VA- July 29th
- Wytheville VA- July 28th
- Keep an eye out for the second round of PPE shipments from FEMA. You should start seeing those arrive within in July
- CMS Memo Nursing Home Reopening Recommendations
Webinars / Recordings
- LeadingAge recording from June 24th discussing reopening guidance/testing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGAhLiRJadM&feature=youtu.be
- PowerPoint from the State Task Force meeting covering some testing guidance: https://cdn.ymaws.com/leadingagevirginia.org/resource/resmgr/docs/covid-19/06-25/6.25.2020_ltc_task_force_pre.pdf
- Leading Age recording from July 1st discussing more reopening Guidance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZWm8eY7cP8&feature=youtu.be
- Testing algorithm: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/content/uploads/sites/182/2020/05/COVID-19-Testing-Algorithm.pdf
- Checklist: How to Prepare for a PPS Test at your Facility
- OSHA Respiratory Protection Program Guidance/Policy
- VDH Fit Testing Information
- Fit Testing Kit Vendors
- Looking for PPE, check out our list of Vendors: www.nspa1.org/procurement
- CDC Staffing Resources
- MRC Volunteer Staffing Resource Request
- CMS FAQs on Nursing Home Visitation
- Testing "CMS announces Medicare Coverage of COVID-19 testing for LTC Patients"
- UPDATED CDC Guidance on Preparing for COVID-19 in Nursing Homes
- Toolkit | CMS: State Actions to Mitigate COVID-19 in Nursing Homes
- Toolkit | LTC Respiratory Protection Program Temple: A guide for program administrators