Please take your time in reviewing these documents. If you have any questions or need additional clairificaiton please reach out. If you are unable to get a link to open please try another internet browser. Download and print each item for your records.
Welcome to the 2022 MFA Workshop Series. Here you will find all of the information you will need for each session.
Medical Facilities of America (MFA) is giving each of their facilities an opportunity to complete two exercises. This exercise series is being facilitated by the Near Southwest Preparedness Alliance (NSPA). NSPA is one of Virginia's Regional Healthcare Coalitions, for a list of all of Virginia's Coalitions click here. Please read the guidelines below
- Minimum People Involved: Exercises cannot be conducted by a single individual for any facility. You will need to involve, at a minimum, an administrative leader, a clinical leader, and a facilities leader as your Exercise Team for the planning meetings and the Table Top Exercise. In the event one of these staff members is not available, a qualified alternate must attend.
- Series Qualifications: This Exercise Series is open to all MFA facilities.
- Exercise Attendance: Your Exercise Team must attend all phases of this Series. The Tabletop Exercise will be the only event that will be in person, the rest of the offerings will be Webinar based. This is 100% mandatory. The Tabletop Exercise will take place at the Virginia Crossings Hotel and Conference Center in Glen Allen, VA.
- VHASS Training: Full Scale Exercise participation will include usage of the Virginia Healthcare Alerting and Status System (VHASS). This platform is only available to facilities in Virginia. If your facility is located in Virginia, please familiarize yourself with the platform and make sure you are able to log in. If you do not have an account click here to register now. We will have a table set up at the TTX on 02/16 to go over specific VHASS questions. If your facility is NOT located in Virginia, you will receive an alert via email with a different set on instructions on how to participate in the Full Scale Exercise.
- Full-Scale Exercise Participation: Your participation in the Full-Scale Exercise (date below) is mandatory to certify completion of this requirement.
Calendar of Events
- Part 1 | Hazard Vulnerability Assessment / Risk Assessment
Tuesday, February 1st at 10:00am | Complete
- Part 2 | Tabletop Exercise (TTX) Planning Meeting
Tuesday, February 8th at 10:00am
Powerpoint Slides: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mr70d7e9i9jrg8rug6khj/MFA-TTX-Planning-Meeting-Copy-1-1-1.pptx?dl=0&rlkey=yd6jpu0incemfzlj1kbkap025
- Part 3 | TTX & Full-Scale Exercise Planning Meeting
Wednesday, February 16th at 8:30am
Venue: Virginia Crossing Hotel & Conference Center | 1000 Virginia Center Pkwy, Glen Allen, VA 23059
After Action Review Template
- Part 4 | Full-Scale Exercise (FSE)
Tuesday, February 22nd at 10:00am | Platform: www.vhass.org
Webinar Details: https://nspa1.webex.com/nspa1/j.php?MTID=m66bd6d5ce0e08875103332c529dc8f87
Full Scale Exercise Plan
- Part 5 | After Action Review (AAR)
Tuesday, March 1st at 10:00am
Webinar Details: https://nspa1.webex.com/nspa1/j.php?MTID=mc2623c4a738b00ab186675271acb7b12
After Action Review
Exercise Series Resources
- Cybersecurity Planning Seminar | Recording
- Exercise Series Event Flyer
- SMART Goals may help in your after action review process
- HSEEP 2020 (figure 3.3) | List of Exercise Capabilities
- Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)