As it stands today, here are the current ways to request resources. This could be subject to change and please be flexible if it does. Should the directive change we will update the list! The organization/agency which is responsible to collect resource requests are as follows:
Virginia Department of Health (VDH) will collect resource request from the:
- Free Standing Clinics & Free Clinics
- Outpatient Care Providers (including Community Health Centers)
- Home Health
- Urgent Care
- Dental Health Clinics
- Federally Qualified Health Care Centers (FQHCs)
- Nurse Mid-Wives
- Other healthcare community providers
The Near Southwest Preparedness Alliance (NSPA) will collect resource requests from the:
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Dialysis Centers
The Local Emergency Managers, in collaboration with VDEM through WebEOC should be collecting resource requests from the (not all-inclusive):
- Law Enforcement
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Prisons & Local / Region Jails
- Fire Departments
- Funeral Homes
- Veterinary Services
- Community Service Boards (CSB)
- Group Homes
- Higher Education / Community Colleges
- Non-Health Outreach Workers
The Department of Social Services will be collecting resource requests for:
- Assisted Living Facilities
State Agencies that may include the Department of Corrections, Virginia State Police, Department of Motor Vehicles, Department of Elections, Division of Capitol Police will make direct requests to the Virginia Emergency Support Team.
- PPE is a critical resource for managing COVID-19 within healthcare facilities
- Access to PPE remains a challenge for all States due to production and supply chain issues
- It's important to assess your supply of PPE and initiate measures to optimize current supply
- VDH has guidance on Optimization Strategies for Personal Protective Equipment in Long Term Care Facilities and other guidance available here.
- You are encouraged to continue working through private sector vendors, associations and corporate offices to ensure the availability of PPE.
- Battelle Decontamination Systems are available to decontaminate N95 masks across the state. Additional information is available here.
- Determining your Organization's Burn Rate is essential for PPE requests. Click here for a Burn Rate Calculator
For any and all requests it is important to know: who your current vendor is, what supply do you have on hand, how many days will that last you, what your facilities current burn rate is, and the number of supplies you are requesting. For requests through the Coalition please email us or submit your information in VHASS!