Public Information Officer Training Course
FEMA Advanced Public Information Officer (PIO) Training Opportunity- VIRTUAL offering!!
If you are a Public Information Officer for your organization or you have communication responsibilities this course is for you. This course is designed to provide PIO's with essential knowledge, skills, and abilities to support proper decision making by delivering the right message, to the right people at the right time.
This is normally a week-long in-person course, however, FEMA is making this training available virtually, through their Emergency Management Institute. The full course will be held in ten 4-hour sessions spanning over the course of 2 weeks.
This will allow students to get this advanced level of training without having to travel. Please be aware: DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MARCH 21st. (Prerequisites are listed in link below.)
0388 Advanced PIO course schedule:
- March 29 – April 9, 2021
- 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Eastern (no class on weekends)
- Virtual Delivery via Adobe Connect
- Application Deadline: March 21, 2021
- Mandatory Requirements to attend the virtual session:
- You must be able to commit to all 10 days.
- You must have a microphone and video capabilities.
- You must attend an Adobe Connect Familiarization and Tips session on Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 11:00 a.m. Eastern
***You must have an FBI SID (Student Identification Number) when you apply/register for this course.
For info on how to obtain your SID, please click here: https://training.fema.gov/emigrams/2018/1431%20-%20training%20bulletin%20-%20sid.pdf?d=8/27/2018
Full course details and registration info here: https://training.fema.gov/programs/pio/trainops.aspx
For more information please contact:
Monica McCullough, Training & Exercise Coordinator