All Hazards planning is an important preparedness tool for healthcare facilities. Here are a few resources to assist you in your planning:
- Local Emergency Manager's
- NSPA Staff
- National Weather Service - Blacksburg
- Virginia Department of Emergency Management
- NSPA Regional Healthcare Coordination Center for Emergencies Only - 1-866-679-7422
- NWS Safety Tips
- NWS Storm Prediction Center
- CDC Preparing for Winter Weather
- Severe Weather Incident Planning Guide
- Seniors at Home, Emergency Preparedness Checklist
- VDEM Winter Weather Preparedness
- Encourage staff to make personal preparedness efforts a priority.
- Test any redundant communication systems.
- Ensure weather radios are operational and placed at key locations within the organization.
- Make sure your VHASS information is up to date
- Sign up for NSPA's listserv to receive any information regarding regional calls with community partners