WRN Ambassador Initiative
"The National Weather Service (NWS) is transforming its operations to help organizations take action against extreme weather, water, and climate events. The NWS is shifting its focus to not just delivering the forecast, but also by providing more information that enables its partners, and the public, to make fast, smart decisions to save lives, and property, and enhance livelihoods. This last-mile approach of working with partners and the public to ensure better decision-making is a key part of the Weather-Ready Nation (WRN) initiative."
SVHC recently became a WRN Ambassador and we wanted to encourage any of our healthcare partners who may have an interest in enhancing their emergency planning and preparedness to do the same. The goal of the WRN Initiative is to foster innovative, stronger collaboration across government, non-profit, academia, and private industry to help make the nation more ready, responsive, and resilient against extreme environmental hazards, all of which will help. Thus improving two-way communication between the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and its partners. As an ambassador an organization must commit to:
- promoting weather-ready nation messages and themes to their stakeholders
- engaged with NOAA personnel on potential collaboration opportunities
- Sharing success stories of preparedness and resiliency
- serving as an example by education employees on workplace preparedness
In return, the NOAA can:
- provide outreach content and resources
- explore innovative approaches for collaboration with your organization
- assist with StormReady opportunities
- provide branding / logos for your use
For more information on how to become a Weather-Ready Nation Ambassador, click this link!